Organic Makeup Brands – How To Choose?
Organic Makeup Brands or Non Organic Makeup Brands?
Because they are directly in contact with our skin, nails as well logically with our health. but also our fervent and wonderful planet. We strive to be increasingly vigilant about the components of our cosmetics. So, how to navigate this jungle bio between true and false? With a choice of more and more off nail polish, mascara, eye shadow to, lipsticks and foundations, let us ask the essential questions to get them right.
What Organic Makeup Brands To Choose?
To find out, refer to the labels on the product. Here are their guarantees:
- Cosmebio: BIO LABEL At least 95% natural ingredients or ingredients of natural origin. Minimum: 95% of the plant ingredients are from organic farming. Minimum: 10% of all ingredients are from organic farming.
- Cosmebio: LABEL ECO At least 95% natural ingredients or ingredients of natural origin. Minimum: 50% of the plant ingredients are from organic farming. Minimum: 5% of the total ingredients are from organic farming.
- Cosmos:Up to 5% of ingredients from synthetic chemistry on total ingredients for the formulation of principles.
- Ecocert: 95% of the plant must be certified organic. The product must contain at least 10% organic. The real bio% is displayed on the label. All synthetic ingredients are prohibited (dyes, perfumes, antioxidants, emollients synthetic oils and greases, silicone’s, all ingredients derived from petrochemicals …).
- BDIH: The products are made from natural raw materials, vegetable (preferably from BIO cultivation) or mineral. Not tested on animals. All synthetic ingredients are prohibited (dyes, perfumes, antioxidants, emollients synthetic oils and greases, silicone’s or any ingredients derived from petrochemicals …).
- Nature and Progress:To obtain this label, they undertake to respect a strict specification. Cosmetic products are derived from raw materials obtained by using simple physical or chemical processes, without molecules, perfumes or synthetic dyes. The label is the only required specifications in its 100% organic components. Not tested on animals.
- Nature:This is the first label to define and clearly indicate the boundary between natural cosmetics and organic cosmetics. 3 different levels of quality and naturalness of natural cosmetics: certified natural cosmetics, Nature 1 star: the ingredients are of natural origin. Certified natural cosmetics, mostly organic, Nature 2 stars: at least 70% natural substances derived from a certified organic cultivation or certified wild collection. Certified organic cosmetics Nature 3 stars: at least 95% natural substances derived from a certified organic cultivation or certified wild collection.
Important Information: The labeling of cosmetics and organic makeup brands is never obligatory. Some products can be truly organic or natural and not wear label. Carefully look at the labels.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Organic Makeup Brands?
And yes! There are also disadvantages. The primary addition is the lack of synthetic preservatives. The shelf life / life of makeup is shortened compared a classic makeup.
Foundations themselves have covering capacity slightly less conventional makeups. But we must admit that ultimately it is not a problem … we willingly avoids the mask effect! ; )
The smell of makeup and organic cosmetics are not always attractive. Brands are still genuine efforts. But since they are good for health, we will not fuss!
What Are The Benefits Of Organic Makeup Brands?
Avoid the risk of allergies, eczema and itching: the organic makeup brands are much less aggressive for our skin that assimilates very quickly. No allergens, no parables, and no petrochemical derivatives or other synthetic dyes.
Respects the environment: Recyclable packaging or biodegradable and do not forget the virtues of organic agriculture for our fabulous planet:
- The ingredients do not undergo any transformation, as from organic farming.
- The components are biodegradable.
- For some products the tests are not done on animals (Labels “humane” (Cruelty free), Vegan (Vegan), One Voice, Nature and Progress, BDIH …).
Excellent therapy for our skin, our health, and especially for our planet !!! Frankly, why even hesitate? Knowing all this, you now have elements to make a concrete choice!